Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm Back.....

Well, it's a new year (2012), and I'm finally back to writing my blog. Much has happened in the interim: My father got very sick and died, my mother's cat got very sick and died, and it seemed like so many good people from our church got sick and died--some of them well before their time. I got bogged down by all of this; I felt weighted down by loss, and as my father so beautifully put it, "the land of diminishing returns" seemed to be a constant reality of my daily living.

As I said, it's a new year, and once more, the sun has come out, with hope springing up like tulips in the spring. I now know that cloudy weather may be out of my control, but my reaction to it is entirely within my grasp. Will I finally act on my to-do list, lingering bad habits, and persistently poor self-image by slicing through the wall of fear that stands between me and real happiness?

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment